Building an effective Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) can seem a daunting task. You need to make sure the right people have the data they need at the right time to make the best decisions. But do you know how to get the most out of a CRM system and ensure your Sales team are working at their best?
Below are some tips for implementing Salesforce, a CRM system to improve data flow, and maximise your business and marketing potential.
Define your Goal
You should be able to explain what you’re trying to achieve to any Sales team and personnel across the board. What are you looking for? Perhaps you want to:
- Improve customer service
- Target a new demographic successfully
- Become a market leader in your industry or service sector
Your goal could be something else entirely as well. It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to achieve – if it’s not clear, no one can be expected to understand your vision.
Generally, you and your personnel will need:
- Something well-defined and tangible to work towards
- Ambition to reach this goal
- Aspirations of something bigger and bolder which motivates everyone to make the effort
- Input and enthusiasm from the executive level downwards. You need someone who can enforce the targets and make sure they are met.
Once you have a goal, you can streamline your CRM accordingly.
Build your Salesforce Expert Team
Having a vision is great, but you get your team to accept the software. Having an effective team can help you use Salesforce to increase sales by up to 30%. Executives at your company will have to get together and agree on the how to proceed.
- The structure must be put in place with the designation of a project manager and subject matter expert.
- You will also need to designate a system administrator (it can be an individual or a team) to look after the system after it is created. They will need to take ownership of the new system.
Cloud industry understands that it takes time to build and train a team of people to run your system. Our expert team is certified in Salesforce and we will help you train your staff, if that is what you need.
Good Data is Everything
You don’t want to fill your CRM with irrelevant or insufficient data. That simply defeats the purpose of the system. Instead, you need to:
- Consider your current data sources, such as spreadsheets
- Think about your data needs
- Look at how often you engage with data
Selecting the right data allows you to know who to engage with, and how and when to do it. Make sure data is uploaded prior to launching your CRM to improve efficiency and streamline processes.
Knowledge is Power
You and your team will get the most out of Salesforce if you’re familiar with how it works. Make sure knowledge is communicated to benefit all users. How do you achieve this? You can:
- Have your staff attend webinars and conferences
- Use Trailhead, Salesforce’s online and in-person training program tutored by Salesforce experts
- Cloud Industry, as your Salesforce provider, trains your staff with a training procedure, so that your team can run the business as efficiently as possible from the first day.
Communicate with your End Users
You need to ensure those working with Salesforce every day understand why it’s necessary and what is so valuable about it. Communication is key. Make sure:
- Staff learn about the system early and understand why it is being implemented
- Everyone feels they can raise questions or concerns, including training needs
- Feedback is welcomed
- There are appointed persons who can be approached with IT questions as and when they arise
Embrace Flexibility and Make it Sustainable
It’s important to remember that not everything goes to plan. Changes may need to be made along the way, and challenges will arise. The great thing about a cloud-based CRM such as Salesforce is how flexible it is – you can build it at your own pace and make changes as and when needed. We recommend developing and implementing your strategy in stages to get the most out of your Salesforce experience.